Website

Website
Click here to see my website

Edition 1 Front Cover

Edition 1 Front Cover
Click here to see my Edition 1 Front Cover

Edition 1 Contents Page

Edition 1 Contents Page
Click to see my Edition 1 Contents Page

Edition 2 Front Cover

Edition 2 Front Cover
Click here to see my Edition 2 Front Cover

Edition 2 Contents Page

Edition 2 Contents Page
Click here to see my Edition 2 Contents Page

Wednesday 21 March 2018

11. Production Review: My production and my intended improvements

In order to improve the quality of my adverts I had a review with my media teachers, media technician and some people within my target audience. 

Advert 1


The overall feedback for my advert was very positive; my target audience really liked the music choice and the range of shots. They felt the wide variety of sports shown targeted different social groups and they could identify with the youthful actors. However, the target market thought that the voice over at the end was monotone in relation to the upbeat style of the rest of the advert, so I re-recorded this. 


My teachers noted that girls were over represented and there was not enough coverage of boys to fit with my unisex target market. In order to rectify this, I included more shots of boys doing sports. They also thought that my packshot did not look very professional, so I remade my mockup branded bottle and re-shot this clip using a tighter camera angle to show a close up of the product, which is more conventional for a TV advert. Finally, my technician suggested I boost the audio levels on some of the clips as well grading my footage in order to give it a more professional and finished quality.



Advert 2




My teachers raised the issue that the music I used in this edit was not copyright free, and therefore I needed to find an alternative, which I did (below). Another problem was that some of my actors were wearing branded clothing which would never been seen on real TV adverts. In order to fix this I blurred out the labels in Premiere Pro. My target market really liked this advert, particularly the intertextual reference to Usain Bolt. They said they found it humorous as well as motivating.

After changing my packshot at the end of my first advert, I changed the packshot in this advert as well so that they matched, re-enforcing my brand identity. 


New Music for Advert 2



I changed my music for my second advert so that it was copyright free in order to adhere to the regulations of my brief. This song is called Mystic River by Tomas Skyldeberg which I downloaded from epidemicsound, a website which allows users to download music and use it for free if the artist is given credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment