Website

Website
Click here to see my website

Edition 1 Front Cover

Edition 1 Front Cover
Click here to see my Edition 1 Front Cover

Edition 1 Contents Page

Edition 1 Contents Page
Click to see my Edition 1 Contents Page

Edition 2 Front Cover

Edition 2 Front Cover
Click here to see my Edition 2 Front Cover

Edition 2 Contents Page

Edition 2 Contents Page
Click here to see my Edition 2 Contents Page

Saturday 8 September 2018

1. Audience

Example Magazine Demographics


ELLE Magazine's Demographic (in 1000s)

















GQ Magazine's Demographic (in 1000s)


















My Target Audience


Related imageThe audience for my magazine is the 'culturally sophisticated, 16-25 AB demographic'. This indicates that my magazine must appeal to students and young adults of the AB demographic who have completed or are in higher education and are predicted to join higher/intermediate managerial, administrative and professional careers.

Target Audience Profile


Culturally sophisticated AB 16-25 year olds in the UK will be spending most of their time either at school/college/uni or work and will enjoy going out in the evenings and weekends with friends. They're most likely up to date on popular TV shows such as Love Island and internet trends. They will like to discuss pop-culture and trends online, with work colleagues and with friends. Their hobbies may include blogging, shopping, going to the cinema, playing video games and travelling. This generation is also becoming more accepting of social change and will likely have left-sided political opinions. The majority of this group will support equality and oppose sexism, racism and homophobia. Popular stores they may like to shop in include H&M, Topshop, Boohoo, ASOS, Uniqlo and Adidas. Those with a larger disposable income will also buy items from Zara, Levis, Urban Outfitters, Nasty Gal, Calvin Klein and Supreme. They will also like to source a lot of their clothing from charity or thrift stores.

The 16-25 demographic contribute approximately £20 billion to the UK economy and therefore will be likely to spend money on high-end fashion brands featured in my magazine. However, as many of those within this demographic will be students, I will make my magazine price relatively inexpensive in order to appeal specifically to those in full-time education. According to Business Insider UK, 99% of those between 16-24 use social media once a week or more. This age group also spends an average of 2 hours 26 minutes a day. This means that people within my target audience are likely to have a strong social media presence which should be espoused through my magazine and website.

My magazine will be unisex, therefore must appeal to both genders which can be achieved by featuring male, female and androgynous models and clothing. My magazine may also appeal to its audience by engaging with issues surrounding diversity and equality between sexuality, gender and race.

The Oxford dictionary defines 'sophisticated' as someone with 'a great deal of worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture', and therefore my magazine will need to be presented as a high-quality product which is a reliable source of fashion insight and potentially offers a new and challenging perspective on modern fashion culture which would captivate my savvy target market.

My Secondary Audience


My secondary audience may consist of adults aged between 30-40 belonging to the AB demographic, who are curious about current fashion trends and the progression of modern fashion. They will have great knowledge of culture and fashion brands and be drawn to the high quality of my magazine and its relevance to modern society. My magazine may also appeal to an ABC1 readership, as those in a C1 social grade may be wishing to expand their knowledge of high-end fashion and brands.


No comments:

Post a Comment