Website

Website
Click here to see my website

Edition 1 Front Cover

Edition 1 Front Cover
Click here to see my Edition 1 Front Cover

Edition 1 Contents Page

Edition 1 Contents Page
Click to see my Edition 1 Contents Page

Edition 2 Front Cover

Edition 2 Front Cover
Click here to see my Edition 2 Front Cover

Edition 2 Contents Page

Edition 2 Contents Page
Click here to see my Edition 2 Contents Page

Tuesday 2 January 2018

1. How I intend to fulfil the requirements of the brief I have chosen


I will explicitly follow the demands of the brief in order to successfully create my two distinct TV adverts which portray one brand identity; I will create two television adverts for the 'Wave' brand of unisex deodorants, lasting exactly 30 seconds each. To ensure that I advertise the deodorant as unisex, I will show both females and males, who will be youthful, allowing me to target the 16-25 year old male and female demographic. I hope to make my characters seem both aspirational and relatable to this target audience. To ensure that the adverts are suitable for prime-time E4, weekdays 7-9pm (pre-watershed), I will adhere to the ASA rules and regulations.

The brief also outlines Wave's activeyouthful and unisex brand identity, which I will portray through the narrative of my characters' sporting activities and personalities to keep a strong and consistent brand identity, I will use the same written text on screen for both my adverts, featuring the product name and slogan. To keep my young adult audience entertained and engaged and make the adverts memorable, I will use techniques such as intertextualitygeneric hybridityhumour and/or emotional appeal. These could be portrayed through my use of a range of camera shotsediting of footage and sound and soundtrack, which will also be chosen to fit the brand identity and the conventions of television adverts.

To differentiate both TV adverts, I will use two different settings and themes (one will consist of a montage of different sports, and the other an interview-style review of the product, reflecting on the character's personalities.) I will also use a range of actors from different ethnicities, representing different social groups and equality between all cultures to ensure that my advert is appealing to the entirety of my target audience.

I created a mood-board (below) in order to represent my initial ideas visually. This helped me brainstorm my main aims, target audience and ideas so that I could begin to think about what I wanted my adverts to look like.



I also created a Stealomatic for my first advert using several clips I found online. This was very helpful for me to begin to visualise how I wanted my advert to look before filming so that I could think about all the shots I wanted. I used the soundtrack I will use for my advert so that I could get a feel for editing to my music, which will be a key aspect of both of my adverts. I edited this to exactly 30 seconds (which is the required time frame for my own advert) so that I could see how much content I could include which will be useful when I come to filming and editing.








No comments:

Post a Comment