Website

Website
Click here to see my website

Edition 1 Front Cover

Edition 1 Front Cover
Click here to see my Edition 1 Front Cover

Edition 1 Contents Page

Edition 1 Contents Page
Click to see my Edition 1 Contents Page

Edition 2 Front Cover

Edition 2 Front Cover
Click here to see my Edition 2 Front Cover

Edition 2 Contents Page

Edition 2 Contents Page
Click here to see my Edition 2 Contents Page

Saturday 13 January 2018

2. Existing adverts/campaigns I have researched and how these have influenced my ideas

For my first advert:


1. 'This Girl Can' campaign by Sport England




This advert has influenced me due to its strong, empowering message for women. I would like to convey a similar message regarding equality and diversity in my own advert. It also promotes being active and being yourself which relates to my Big Idea for my adverts. I also like the use of match on action, upbeat music and cutting to music which I will incorporate into my adverts.


2. 'Apple Watch Series 2 Go Time' advert by Apple




From this advert I was inspired by the use of matching on action as well the montage effect and editing to music. I think this made the advert snappy and memorable as well as entertaining for the audience. The colour grading and scheme also contributed to the overall appeal which is an element I will utilise.
I feel this particular advert appeals strongly to a variety of people, especially those who are active, which is a key element I would like to focus on within my first advert. I would like to create a similar montage style in my own advert, matching on action and cutting to a fast-paced soundtrack. This advert also appeals to both men and women from a variety of backgrounds and race, which is key to my Big Idea.



For my second advert:


1. 'Like a Girl' campaign by Always




From this video I took inspiration from the blank background (which is also the colour of the brand logo) with a combination of different shot angles featuring someone wearing contrasting clothes which reflect their personality. I also liked how this campaign challenged the stereotype of girls being weak, sending a very positive and inspiring message for young women and girls, targeting the youth market. It also included a young man and boy, addressing the male viewers as well in order to promote equality, and show how this stereotype is everywhere. I would like to make my advert more upbeat and less serious than this advert, however I would like to incorporate the powerful message it portrays.



2. 'Dry Spray Antiperspirant' advert by Dove America




From this advert I took inspiration from the blank background and straight-on shot style with sole focus on the product and people, using an informal style which engages and uplifts the audience. I also like how this advert shows diversity, both through race and personality which relates to my Big Idea.
This is a typical and popular deodorant advert which I have taken inspiration from to develop my USP and understanding of how to engage my audience as well as successfully advertise/promote my product.




No comments:

Post a Comment