Website

Website
Click here to see my website

Edition 1 Front Cover

Edition 1 Front Cover
Click here to see my Edition 1 Front Cover

Edition 1 Contents Page

Edition 1 Contents Page
Click to see my Edition 1 Contents Page

Edition 2 Front Cover

Edition 2 Front Cover
Click here to see my Edition 2 Front Cover

Edition 2 Contents Page

Edition 2 Contents Page
Click here to see my Edition 2 Contents Page

Friday 19 January 2018

5. What I have learnt about the representation of events, issues, individuals and social groups in television adverts and how I intend to demonstrate this knowledge and understanding in my production in order to communicate meaning succesfully


Dove: 'My Beauty, My Say' campaign




This advert shows a wide range of women from different ethnic backgrounds, ages, body shapes and languages, all being strong and empowered; this represents all women as equal and beautiful in their own unique way. It tackles issues surrounding racism, sexism and stereotypes; It shows that though we are all individuals, we are all equal as well, creating a very positive and empowering representation.

Pepsi Max advert




This advert clearly locates London by featuring red buses and London accents. Due to the advanced technology used, this positively represents London as a place of technological innovation, somewhere creative and interactive. The advert also presents a range of social groups and ethnicities in the same situations at the bus stop, giving equal screen-time to different people, representing diversity and equality. It is very relatable to viewers who live in London due to the familiar location.


Macmillan Cancer Support




This advert carries a strong message as well as representing the issue of cancer in a positive and optimistic light. It depicts the experience of cancer as a challenging time, but shows the importance of friendship and hope. It also shows diversity and equality through the different ethnicities featured.


From this research I can conclude that adverts are most successful when they incorporate positive and recognisable representations of a wide range of people, events and issues. I can feature this in my own advert by featuring a wide range of actors from different social groups and backgrounds, and presenting universally recognisable events, such as sport.



No comments:

Post a Comment